Lessons & Social Dances
What to Expect.
· No partner is required; teachers rotate during the lessons. If you come with a partner and don’t want to rotate, you don’t have to.
· Wear comfortable clothing; jeans and a nice shirt are common.
· Bring an extra shirt or towel for basic hygiene. Please avoid strong perfume/cologne.
· Shoes should be comfortable & have smooth bottom to easily turn; socks also work well.
· Bring water and snacks.
· Smile and be open to dancing with everyone; we encourage followers to ask leaders to dance too.
· If you have questions after the lesson, please ask the instructor or seek out a board member and we’ll make sure they get answered. Teaching on the social floor isn’t encouraged.
Lessons & Social Dances are generally held on the first and third Sundays of the month. Exceptions are made for holidays.
Workshops and special events are scheduled on a case-by-case basis. See individual event announcements for details!
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I wear?Wear whatever you feel comfortable in! We reccomend shoes with a flat smooth sole to reduce the risk of injury.
Can I take the advanced class if I am a beginner?In order to participate in the advanced class, dancers should have a firm grasp of the 4 beginner moves: Sugar Push, Right Side Pass, Left Side Pass and The Whip.
Is there parking available at the venue?Yes! Parking is free and there is plenty of it.
Are kids allowed to take classes?Yes! In the classes everyone will dance with everyone, so we reccomend that kids be supervised by an adult. Feel free to contact us if you have further questions.